Powered by WebAds

Monday, August 27, 2007

Simchas -- dance the night away!

Wow, from simcha to simcha!

Two weeks ago, our good friends J & A got married. Then, last week, we celebrated J's sister F's daughter's Bat Mitzvah. (did you follow that?) Then L & C got married on Friday morning! And next week, thank God, we will celebrate Y & S's wedding!

I love weddings!

I always dance a lot at weddings! I don't know where the energy comes from, but I dance and dance! And I bring shtik too! Anything "l'sameach" (to bring joy to) the chatan & kallah.

At J & A's wedding, I danced like I always do (perhaps even more so!). I was so happy! My shoes weren't good for dancing, so I took them off and danced barefoot on the Jerusalem stone floor. I could have danced all night! Especially when the band (Lenny Solomon) started playing Israeli dances!

It was only after I got home that I noticed two tiny glass splinters (removed without too much trouble) and the pain in my joints (that caused a little more concern).

During the wedding, Moshe had cautioned me to be careful. I thought he meant not to overextend myself. I had been very tired that day, from the chemo, and had a hard time waking up for the wedding. But my energy was up and I wasn't worried.

When we got home, I mentioned to Moshe that my joints hurt. He was so worried. That's what had concerned him at the wedding. I promised to be more careful next time.

I knew that I am not supposed to do anything "high-impact". But somehow I had not made the connection to dancing at weddings -- I had not comprehended that I could no longer dance at weddings the way I used to.

The realization made me sad....

A week later, when I got ready for L's wedding, I was glad that I still could do my "shtik" (funny antics). I brought my bag-of-tricks and was determined to dance as much as possible.... carefully! I even brought my comfy shoes (better to dance in funny shoes than not to dance at all).

At the hall, I got really excited when I noticed that the floor was carpeted! Imagine, getting so excited about a carpetted dance floor!

The carpetting and the comfy shoes made the dancing much easier on my bones! I bounced a little less, but I didn't dance any less!

I was even able to dance the Israeli dances at the end!

:-)

Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

No comments: