Powered by WebAds

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Chilren's Prayers

Last Thursday night, A overheard Moshe informing my friends and I about the terrible terrorist attack going on at Merkaz HaRav.

A & MD were getting ready for bed and Moshe was about to sing to them and tuck them in. (Y was out babysitting)

Moshe walked into A's room, and found her sitting on the side of her bed, reciting Tehillim.


Two years ago, A received the small book of Tehillim as a gift from a teacher. I never saw A open the book. Occasionally, I found it lying around the house. Then I would tuck it in a corner or on a shelf. I didn't know that it made it's way back to A.

A small book of Tehillim, waiting on A's shelf until she needed it.


The next day, A came into my room to cuddle for a few moments. She shared with me that she had said Tehillim the night before, to help the students at Merkaz HaRav.

I told her how powerful her prayers are. How God especially listens to the prayers of children. That maybe less Jews were killed or hurt because of her prayers.

"I asked Hashem (God) why is he doing this. How many things can happen to Am Yisrael at one time?" A shared.

After a few moments, A told me that her book of Tehillim is one of her most prized possessions.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another nachas moment, albeit following a tragedy. You should be really proud.

Na'amah

Gila said...

I am sitting here tearing up. I hate when this happens. Damn you A!


:)

Anonymous said...

As I told you more than once, you have GREAT kids!! -Jameela