Powered by WebAds

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Through My Child's Eyes...

Tonight I had a special treat: dinner alone with my youngest daughter.

My two oldest kids are away on an overnight tiyul shnati (annual class trip), and Moshe wasn't home yet.

I doctored up some LOs and, before I knew it, we were sitting down to Tofu & Rice w/sesame sauce and A was thanking me for making such a nice dinner.

We chatted about this and that, and then I decided to follow up on a comment that A made earlier in the evening.

I had been talking on the phone, relaying how I once told my eldest daughter that "if you don't feel sorry for yourself, then other people won't feel sorry for you." Both my friend and A simultaneously responded "that's not always true."

So I asked A what she meant by that.

She replied that it depends on whether or not the person knows you.

I asked for an example, and A preceded to tell me about a girl she met just this evening.

I still didn't understand.

A asked if she could write it down. (As she wrote, she explained that she was leaving out some things and only writing the important parts)

Here's what she wrote: (translated into English, and printed here with her permission)

Tamar: How are you getting home?
Me: By foot.
Tamar: Why isn't your father or mother picking you up?
Me: Because my mother is sick and my father works late.
Tamar: Is your mother very sick?
Me: Not really, she has breast cancer.
Tamar: Oy, really?
Me: Yes, but it's not so bad.
etc...


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

No comments: