Powered by WebAds

Monday, April 7, 2008

PAIN and a Stupid Cold

The last CT, of my back, showed no new growths.

So, why am I in so much pain??

I always said that one of the gifts God gave me is sleep. I am a really deep sleeper. Nothing wakes me up!

When we were kids, my mom tested fire alarms in the middle of the night. None of us (not my father, brother, sister, nor I) woke up.

When my kids were babies, and sleeping next to me, Moshe would shake me awake, because their crying did not penetrate my slumber.

If you call, and wake me up, I might have a coherent conversation with you. But afterwards, not only will I not remember what we said, I probably won't even remember that you called.

That's how deeply I sleep.

But tonight, at 4:30 in the morning, I woke up because my back is killing me! I have this miserable cold and the cough racks my back.

So I woke up to take pain killers and cough syrup.

Did I mention that the cough syrup tastes gross and we are out of super soft tissues?

Moshe heard me stirring and asked "Are you ok? Can I do anything to help you?"

"I'm not ok," I responded gently, "but there is nothing you can do to help me. Go back to sleep."

No reason for both of us to be zombies tomorrow!

Hopefully the drugs will kick in soon and I can fall back asleep for a few hours before I have to wake up, super-early, for my eye doctor appointment.

More on that tomorrow...


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

7 comments:

MB said...

My thoughts are with you, RivkA! Feel better!

Miryam

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better today.

Batya said...

It may be the strange weather making your bones feel worse.

Refuah Shleimah

Gila said...

Ouch! So sorry to hear you had a rough night.

Baila said...

I hope you are feeling better and that you are able to rest today.

Rahel Jaskow said...

I hope you're feeling better, RivkA!

RivkA with a capital A said...

Thanks for all the well-wishes!!