Powered by WebAds

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pesach Vacation 5769 -- Juggling Camp

The fun began at 7:30 pm, with the Israeli Gala Event -- some of Israel's best jugglers performed, including a kid named Ofek, who had a really professional performance and was amazing on the diabolo! (check out this video; there are more videos of him here)

Our son, MD, juggles the diabolo, so it was especially inspirational for him to see another kid who juggled so impressively!

The girls were less enthusiastic, but that is only because they were still pouting about not going swimming! (see previous post)

As we were walking back to our campsite, I met my friend FB, who was there with her whole family! What fun, to discover other friends there!

At the campsite, I found my son laying down inside the tent. He did not want to join us for dinner; his head still hurt him. I suggested that perhaps he would prefer to go with his Abba to sleep in our friends' home. I was surprised when he agreed. When I kissed him goodnight, I could tell he had a fever. No wonder he was so unhappy!

My friends from Sde Eliyahu came to visit, but only B was going was planning to stay. So, after a quick "hello, howryadoin'?", the menfolk all took off.

We had a nice picnic dinner with the ladies, then my girls went off into one tent and B and I went into the other. We should have gone to sleep right away, but who can resist talking in the cool night air, gazing up at the stars, with the sounds of nature all around?

Eventually, we drifted off to sleep.

Now, in the old days, I could just throw my sleeping bag on the ground, crawl in, and sleep soundly through the night. Yet, there I was, inside a tent, sleeping on TWO mizronei shetach (field mats) and I was still uncomfortable. I did not sleep well.

In the morning, we all got into our bathing suits and headed off for a swim! The water was cool and refreshing!

By the time we returned to our campsite, Moshe and MD were back. We had a nice picnic lunch, then Moshe and MD headed over to the gym, where the jugglers were practicing. I rested for a while then B and I went to join them. It was fun watching my son and the other jugglers practice.

The atmosphere was very friendly. Everyone seemed to be helpful and courteous.

There were all sorts of jugglers. There were also mats and ropes for acrobatics.

It sort of felt as if we were behind the scenes at a circus.

At four, one of the visiting troupes, Le Bo Trio, would be performing on the trampoline. I went to gather my girls, who were lounging about on the grass. Reluctantly, they accompanied me back to the gym. The performance was phenomenal!! (check out this video)

When the show ended, I helped my son get his own diabolo.

While he was choosing what he wanted, Moshe, the girls, and B went back in to watch another circus troupe perform. After MD picked out what he wanted, we went in and caught the end of the show.

Afterwards, we went back to our campsite. The kids were getting a little tired of the same meals, over and over. When B's husband came to pick her up, he brought a surprise: shakshouka, and it was still hot. The kids were thrilled!

It would have been a really nice dinner, had it not been for the gazillion mosquitos that suddenly swarmed around us!!

We only bought two tickets to the International Gala performance. MD wanted to go with his Abba (dad), so after dinner they went off to see the show.

I thought the girls and I would go to sleep early, but plans have a way of changing....



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

2 comments:

rickismom said...

WOW! Looks like you had a nice time!

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

We're going back again next year - great to see you there!