Powered by WebAds

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Can't Keep Up!

It's only Sunday, and I am tired already!

Today was the last day of Ofek2 (an afternoon program for gifted kids) -- the kids from the juggling class presented a short performance.

My son juggled two diabolos. I thought he did a great job.

I videotaped it. (do you still call it videotaping if it is a digital recording??)

I wish I knew how to upload the recording onto the computer!!

Afterwards, Moshe, my son, and I went to Shavua HaSefer (Book Festival).

What can I say, I LOVE all those books!!

It was fun going with my son too. He is interested in a lot of things. It was fun just browsing and discussing topics that came up when we saw interesting books.

This year I hope to go back at least one more time. I would love to go with my daughters too.

The one book I wanted to find was not available -- Kayitz Katom (Orange Summer), by Esther Shtreit-Vertzel. We'll have to get it in one of the local bookstores.

We did get the most recent Shay Charka book, La'Azazel Im Babba (לעזאזל עם בבא). Last year, we purchased ALL of Shay Charka's 11 books, but we missed the day when he was at the book fair to autograph them. This year, we made sure to be there when he was there and asked him to autograph them all! He was a really good sport. I am not sure who is a greater fan of his, my kids or my husband!

(btw, Shay Charka also blogs (in Hebrew); check it out his blog here)

When we came home, we discovered that our daughters had been busy little elves and had tidied up both the living room and my youngest daugther's room. Tomorrow night we are hosting an Erev Banot (girl's night) for the girls in my youngest daughter's class.

As my mom used to say: No rest for the weary!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

No comments: