Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Shavuot! (Automated Post)

This is an automated post, because I do not write, or type, or use the computer, on our Holy Days.

If I am lucky, I will stay awake all Tuesday night learning Torah (Bible studies); then I will walk with my children to the Old City of Jerusalem, there we will daven (pray) in the rebuilt "Hurva," after which we will visit with our (Moshe's) cousins, who live in the Old City; then we will walk "home" (to where we are staying).

Unlike other years, when the next step is SLEEPING, this year I will continue on to my friend's shul (synagogue), where her son (who I have known since the moment he was born -- I was actually at his birth!) will be reading the Torah portion, the Haftorah, a chapter from the Book of Ruth (which we read on this holiday) and celebrating his Bar Mitzvah.  I can't miss that!

Only afterwards, will I go home and sleep!

We'll see how much I actually stick to this ambitious plan....



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

1 comment:

mikimi said...

you have so many lovely family traditions and memories that you are making for your children. I am sure they are growing into fine young adults!