Powered by WebAds

Sunday, June 6, 2010

In a Good Place

I think I am in a good place. 

I am tired (very tired), yet I feel good (most of the time).

I am not thrilled about my recent diagnosis, but it is manageable.  So, we will manage it.

I have to focus on the Bat Mitzvah, 'cause even with help, there is a lot to do.

We have not even sent out invitations yet and the Bat Mitzvah is in less than 20 days!

We have not even made an invitation list!!

I am going to have to buckle down tomorrow morning and get out invitations -- at least some of them!

For our son's Bar Mitzvah, we were still calling people the night before the simcha!

My daughter has learned her first five aliyot well and is almost done learning the sixth.  She learns well, so I hope she will have no problem learning the seventh.  I am so proud of her.

She is busy learning with her Abba (father), preparing for her drasha (d'var Torah; mini-Bible-study-speech).  She loves learning with her Abba and is excited about the things they are learning.  I look forward to hearing what she has to say!

Meanwhile, Moshe is also researching the new drug that my doctor is recommending and also checking out if there are other options.

Life is never dull!!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

7 comments:

Batya said...

Mazal tov. You'll do it. I pulled off both Bar Mitzvahs in a couple of weeks without any real support for no decent reasons. we're just not good at these things

refuah shleimah

mikimi said...

may it all go smoothly!

Bee said...

mazel tov on your forthcoming simcha. Just you watch - it will all go smoothly and be a wonderful day for you all.

Karen said...

Love and prayers being sent up for you!

Bernie said...

A gppd amd exciting time for your daughter, you will do just fine I am sure. So happy to know you are feeling better.....:-) Hugs

Bernie said...

Sorry, I ment to say "son", xo

RivkA with a capital A said...

Bernie - you were right the first time. We are planning a Bat Mitzvah for our daughter. Notice the "t" for "bat" (daughter) instead of an "r" for "bar" (son).